Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Tagged

Wendy has tagged me. I'm meant to:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

I'm already off to a bad start with nearest book. I've got a couple of stacks on the desk, I'll take the top one on the pile to the right. Neal Stephenson's The System of the World. Daniel Waterhouse, has recently returned to London and has begun certain investigations.

That brought him clear of Hockley, and into the center of the largest open place in this part of town, where Leather Lane, Liquor Pond Street, and several other ways came together in a crazed, nameless interchange half the size of Charing Cross. There, finally, he turned around. "Your watch, sir, said a bloke, "or so I surmise."
I'll pass on #5 ... It's funny, I don't in any way mind Wendy tagging me, but I feel uncomfortable at doing so to others.


1 comment:

  1. Have you read S.M. Stirling's latest in the Dies the Fire trilogy - Meeting at Corvallis? I just got the book thanks to a XMAS gift certificate to Chapters!

    ReplyDelete